Friday, November 7, 2008

The Waterfall

The weather and fall leaves here in Western North Carolina are beautiful. The trees that stand out this year are all the red shades. They are truly lovely. Rex, Jessica, Runt and myself went to "the property" last week end to plant fruit trees. We planted 2 pear trees, 1 peach and 1 apple. We will have to plant another apple by spring in order for cross pollination to happen. I didn't even know that was necessary but do you all remember our two apples trees in the back yard where the canoe of sand was? Guess Dad or whom ever planted those knew!!

I hope you enjoy my poem. It is not a funny one but I had a ball writing it. At thanksgiving someone is going to have to give me blog lessons so that I can add a wonder blog screen and add web pictures!

Here goes.....


The Waterfall

The babbling waters flow along the creek bed at an easy pace veering from time to time to the left or to the right. The stream rambles along down a tranquil path making luscious sounds that trickle and ripple over rocks and brush until suddenly it reaches the crest of the cliff’s edge and begins to spill over. Down, down, down the water explodes into a mighty burst of confusion no longer a body of water but now individual droplets; falling, falling, falling with a fearful plunge into total chaos as it crashes to the depths below. Then thrashing about through spray and mist the droplets begin to arise from the pit of the reservoir to emerge and find the flow of life again.


Is this not how life goes sometimes? And isn’t it wonderful to know that God is like a creek bed, always sure and faithful!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Yeah, Kelly has a picture!! I'll give you blog lessons! Jaime is probably the most experienced though. I love the Waterfall! You are getting so much better at your writing! I can see what you are writing about! This one is so beautiful. I'm so glad you decided to join the blog! Isn't this fun? I printed all the pages for Mom and have them ready to send to her. They should go out in the mail tomorrow! I will have to print this one with the next printing!

Dana said...

Hey, Kelly! Check out this bloggers page! I think you will find it interesting!

http://oneminutewriter.blogspot.com/